Welcome to Lesson 3 of the Game Design Challenge!
In this lesson students will explore the ways that players interact with games, also known as ‘game mechanics’.
By the end of the lesson they will have summarised the mechanics that will be used in their game, the core problem of the game and will have written an ‘elevator pitch’ to promote their game.
This lesson is about 1 hour in length and will cover:
• Introduction – 3 mins
• Video & Vocabulary – 7 mins
• Play an Arludo game – 15 mins
• Determine your game’s core problem and game mechanics – 15 mins
• Summarise your game mechanics – 10 mins
• Write a pitch for your game – 10 mins