Welcome to the Game Design Challenge!
Arludo’s Game Design Challenge will teach your students how to design a video game, including how to pick a scientific topic or question, how to create the game mechanics (or rules) for how the game will work, designing art and sounds and finally how to pitch your game design concept to an audience.
This lesson is about 1 hour in length and will cover:
● Introduction to the Game Design Challenge – 5 mins
● Get to know your Game Design Challenge team – 10 mins
● Play an Arludo game – 20 mins
● Generate ideas for science topics – 10 mins
● Compare and select the final idea – 10 mins
● Summary – 5 mins
Teams that wish to enter the nationwide Game Design Challenge will be able to use the work generated in the Game Design Challenge worksheets for their submissions. Entries for the nationwide competition must be received by Friday, 1 September 2023.